Sunday, July 26, 2009

Oreo and milk with chocolate truffles on the side

It is time for experimentation and I have been through a few recipes on oreo cupcakes, cakes and cheesecakes. All of them seem to have way too many cookies in them. How much of a good thing is too much? After several bites on the chocolaty goodness while knocking back a few glasses of milk, I decided to work on my own recipe with a good enough number of cookies.

At the same time, I went on to make chocolate truffles while KitchenAid® was whisking away the butter and sugar for the cupcakes. At the spur of the moment, I thought why not add some coffee to make them into magical mocha chocolate truffles.

The end result, they looked very handmade as in not as round looking as the ones sold at Sins or Chocz. Still the taste of freshly made chocolates just brings you to a level of way above cloud nine. Coffee and chocolate are such wonderful brothers together. However, I need to bring down the sugar levels when I do them next time.

Okay, I have digressed. Back to the oreo cupcakes. I was afraid that taste of the cookies would be lost if I reduced the amount in the cake. They still came out gorgeous! Right on the first take. So watch this space for oreo cupcakes to come, after I work on perfecting the frosting next.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin